Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Blind Draw that wasn't

Greg and I went to the Dolphin Lounge to shoot in the blind draw but when we got there, we found out that the American Darts Association had a sanctioned event, men's 501 round robin. 


It was good to watch much better players than I shoot darts. There are some good players out there, but not in Orange County. San Diego, Ventura, and Los Angeles all have active ADO events, but not many here locally. One player, Doug, was part of the board of the ADO, said that they would have a qualifier tourney at the Dolphin. I wish the word would get out so more players in this area could get out and start shooting!


After they were done, Greg and I threw a 501 game then Jeff stepped up to us and we shot a Cutthroat Cricket game. Jeff was sort of put off that the fact a father and son team were teaming up against him, but we had fun doing it.


It was pretty close between Greg and Jeff while I was floundering. I finally had a chance to help Greg and get me closer to Jeff by pounding 17's. I finally became the spoiler so I stepped out to let Greg and Jeff battle it out. Greg stepped up and made me proud. He shot a crap load of bulls and finally he needed one 15 and one bull. Needless to say he had one dart in his hand when finished.


After that Jeff and I shot a Cricket game. It was close, not.....I finally got it closer by a trip and then got on the bulls. Jeff won the game and I really had a good time out with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment